This programme is designed for private groups who would prefer full services on the mountain, some flexibility in the programme and extra time to see some of the important historical sites of the area. In particular we provide time to explore the ruins of Ani and extensive, deserted Armenian city; also we visit the beautiful island and monastry on Lake Van, and
On Ararat an extra day could be added to stay at 3200m two nights on the way up allowing for more acclimatisation. The descent could be split into 2 days, this would result in a shortened tour on day 6. Airport transfers and hotel accommodation are included. Ararat permits are included in the cost, we will need a photocopy of your passport in order to obtain this.
Ararat Background Information
- Arrive in Kars and drive to the Ani Ruins near the Armenia border (several churches, mosques, a palace and bazar) 45kms 1hour, 2-3 hour tour. Night in Kars or Dogubayazit. Night in ** hotel.
- After breakfast drive by minibus to Çevirme Village (2200m.) at the foot of Mount Ararat. Your luggages will be carried by horses. We start walking at 2500m and climb up to 3200m. and our base camp (Yesil Yayla).
- Ascend to 4200m. camp. 4 hours walking.
- Very early breakfast and start to ascend Mt Ararat to the summit 5137m. Descend to the 3200m. base camp, after resting and some food and drink we descend to 2500m. and return to Dogubayazit.
- Tour including a visit to the carpet factory, Ishak Pasha palace, Noah's Arc centre, mountain villages, the meteor crater by the Iranian border, return to Dogubayazit.
- Drive to Van. We visit to Akdamar Island and the Armenian Cathedral of the Holy Cross on Lake Van. Also visit Van Rock Castle. Swim in the lake. Hotel in Van ***.
- Transfer to Van airport.