This trip is for private groups with good ski-touring experience. The ski ascent is not difficult and few steep or dangerous slopes are encountered. A ski-touring guide who speaks english will accompany the group. Airport transfers and hotel accommodation is included.
Ararat Background Information
- Arrive in Van, visit the Van Rock Castle then drive to Dogubayazit, along way visit waterfall. Night in ** hotel.
- After breakfast transfer by minibus to Çevirme Village (2200m.) at the foot of Mount Ararat. Your luggages will be carried by horses and porters. We start walking at 2500m and climb up to 3200m. and our base camp (Yesil Yayla).
- Acclimatisation day at 3200m.
- Continue up to 3650m camp.
- Very early breakfast and start to ascend Mt Ararat to the summit 5137m. Descend to the 3650m base camp, after resting and some food and drink we descend to 2500m. and return to Dogubayazit.
- Depart and drive to Van airport.