This programme is designed for private groups who would prefer full services on the mountain and some flexibility in the programme. An extra day could be added to stay at 3200m two nights on the way up allowing for more acclimatiosation. The descent could be split into 2 days, this would result in a shortened tour at the end of the trip. Airport transfers and hotel accommodation is included. Ararat permits are included in the cost, we will need a photocopy of your passport in order to obtain this.
Ararat Background Information
- Arrive in Van, visit the Van Rock Castle then drive to Dogubayazit, along way visit waterfall. Night in ** hotel.
- After breakfast transfer by minibus to Çevirme Village (2200m.) at the foot of Mount Ararat. Your luggages will be carried by horses. We start walking at 2500m and climb up to 3200m. and our base camp (Yesil Yayla).
- Ascend to 4200m. camp. 4 hours walking.
- Very early breakfast and start to ascend Mt Ararat to the summit 5137m. Descend to the 3200m. base camp, after resting and some food and drink we descend to 2500m. and return to Dogubayazit.
- Tour including a visit to the carpet factory, Ishak Pasha palace, Noah's Arc centre, mountain villages, the meteor crater by the Iranian border, return to Dogubayazit.
- Depart and drive to Van airport.