Arguably the ultimate wild animal encounter possible! This is also quite a
demanding trek in difficult terrain, often in humid and rainy conditions.
Bwindi Impenetrable National Park has magnificent forests and incredible bird life; both of the habituated gorilla groups in Bwindi number between 16 to 22 gorillas.
Kyambura Gorge in Queen Elizabeth National Park is a unique experience walking down from the flat plains. It is 16km long and about 100 metres deep and is home to chimpanzee, black & white colobus monkeys, red tailed monkeys, olive baboons and a host of bird.
- Depart for the Queen Elizabeth National Park after breakfast. On the way we can stop for a short photograph session on the Equator and then proceed for lunch in the park. We will have time to relax before dinner. Dinner and overnight Mweya Safari Lodge (full
- Early morning game-drive starting at 6:30am; we should see elephants, hippos, bushbacks, water bucks, kobs, lions and many more. After the game drive we will return for breakfast and a rest. Lunch will be at 1pm after which we will leave for the boat cruise at 2:30pm to see the game and a great variety of birds on the banks of the lake: a great experience especially for birdwatchers. Dinner and overnight Mweya Safari Lodge (full board).
- Early morning excursion to Kyambura Gorge for the chimp trekking session which starts at 8.00am. With the fresh smell of the forest, the trek in search for the chimpanzees is enchanting. After the trekking session and lunch we will drive to Isasha to view the tree climbing lions before continuing to Bwindi Impenetrable National Park. . Dinner and
overnight in Engagi Safari Lodge in Bwindi (full board).
- Early 6am start to drive to report to the park offices for briefing about gorilla trekking and at 8.30am leave for the gorilla trekking. It usually takes 4-8 hours of hiking in the mountains in search for gorillas. It's really a great and unique experience to see the wonderful primates feeding and spending time with the tourists. In the event we find the gorillas early, we will return to the park offices have an afternoon village walk to experience how the local people lead their lives in Bwindi. In the evening we drive back to night Engagi Safari Lodge (full board).
- Early morning breakfast so that by 9am we leave for Kampala with a stop-over for lunch in either Mbarara or Fort Portal. Arrive Kampala in the late afternoon/evening. Half board. The transfer can take 10-12 hours.
The programme is available as a private trip all the year round, contact us for more details.
The Luxury Trip Price Includes:
airport transfers, all park fees, unlimited game drives, transportation in a 4
WD safari vehicle with opening roof hatches for maximum game viewing (
Landcruiser), services of a professional English speaking driver/guide, one
gorilla permit, one chimp permit, boat cruise, nature walk, full board
accommodation except for breakfast Day 1 and dinner Day 5.
We can arrange accommodation for you before and after the trek at extra cost.